Producting "sexy ambient" beats?

atiim

Hi! :berzerk:

What I wonder is; how they come up with such "turning-on" beats? I mean, I listen the instrumentals of the songs and even them without lyrics are just carrying this nasty ambience. Imma give you examples:

https://vimeo.com/202032471
Selena Gomez - Good For You (Official Instrumental) - YouTube
Britney Spears - Breathe on Me (Instrumental) - YouTube

And now, from what I've analyzed, theyre around 90-100 beats per minute beats, drum patterns including shakers and hat grooves, lots of pads and plucks and most likely they are nothing special.

Buuuut when I try to put them down and mix together I always end up with some hip hop/trap type aggresive beats. :rolleyes: I wonder why I just can't achieve this.. I can build chords and generate hat grooves pretty well, but just can't find the right sound, and can't give that ambience to my beats. :sigh: It can be happening because of either my drum sample packs (I'm normally pop music/EDM producer) or my chord scale picking. Whatever I do is just sounds too happy or just too sad, ugh. Can you give me advices on this type of beats? Any chord tips? Maybe VST recommendations for soft pad presets? And some sample pack recommendations? I'm open for everything. :hello:

Back