Producing in Protools....

i don't use midi anymore. actually haven't in a few years. but i make the beats inside the triton then bounce them to pro tools as audio tracks to mix them..i found the quality to be better this way then make the tracks using midi

The midi isn't as good as cubase's ... IMHO ... the workflow seems to be more suitable for tracking, recording vocals, mixing and mastering. Not many people I know make beats in it though :(

how about editing...

Ive been editing some in there now as well....Wavelab, recycle, and even audacity.

i used to use cubase but i only make music in ProTools now. and i use the midi along with my triton. i refuse to make a beat inside the triton when i have all these options accessible to me within protools. If you want examples, just checkout the battle league going on now. or do a search on some of my past battles. ProTools is the best and i wont go back to anything else.

teshan said:
i don't use midi anymore. actually haven't in a few years. but i make the beats inside the triton then bounce them to pro tools as audio tracks to mix them..i found the quality to be better this way then make the tracks using midi

Lol? How's quality got anything to do with MIDI?

krushing, I didnt want to call anyone out on my first post ....but I heard that!......have you guys seen the new plugins?

strike and velvet, the new expand and hybrid...the sounds are sick!

Fam Nice said:
The midi isn't as good as cubase's ... IMHO ... the workflow seems to be more suitable for tracking, recording vocals, mixing and mastering. Not many people I know make beats in it though :(
I've only recorded on Pro Tools, so I don't have anything to compare it to. I always see people saying Pro Tool's MIDI features are not up to par, but never any specifics. Can you give examples of what MIDI features Cubase offeres that Pro Tools doesn't?

Back