Problem with matching sample tone wit keyboard

N

NaymezDrumlord

is there an easier way to match my samples that im using on my mpc2500 with the keys on my motif es7 i rarely get a perfect match it always seems like the pitch of the sample is always to sharp or flat...just let me know is there a secret or trick to figuring it out quicker

the root key in the sampler should match the pitch of the original sample. I dunno if the mpc works that way, but I don't see why it shouldn't.

sometimes i gotta screw wit the pitch to match my tempo....

NaymezDrumlord said:
sometimes i gotta screw wit the pitch to match my tempo....

just keep trying to play something that stays in key, sometimes i wont use a particular scale when im trying to match things ive messed with, just play random notes and find something that will work. I wouldnt recommend playing with the pitch if you plan on putting keys over it later.

One trick I use is sampling some bass from the sample track and using it to create a bass line.

most likely, the key of your sample will be somewhere between note true note values.

You will either need to fine tune the pitch of all the instruments to match your sample...

or...

You will need make the speed of your sample correspond to it being a particular note value (i.e., make tour sample a little faster or alower to match its pitch to an actual note value.

Use ears.

Flippancy aside, work on your aural skills. They will help with everything from playing by ear to effectively and quickly using EQ.

That is to say nothing of temperament... but that is for another day.

Back