Problem with liking My beats

ShySlugg

Ive been Producing for about 5 years, Lately when making beats i cant decide weather i like something or not. Its like 50/50 down the middle. Every. Beat.... Like its just a beat to me. Sometimes i can go back and fourth between really liking something and then 20 minutes later feeling like its not good enough, This turns into frustration and so on. Has anyone ever had this problem and got past it? Been going on for awhile now and its hard to get stuff done when things like this get in the way of producing.

sometimes if im getting really far into a beat, i sit back and really listen to it. if im not feeling it ill trash it, sometimes ill fix it though. usually right when i export it is when i feel the most hyped about it and right when i upload it, but after a few days the novelty wears off and its just another instrumental ive made. if this is what youre feeling im sure its normal. but if you feel like your tracks are inadequate, keep working on them until you can go a whole day without thinking theyre not good enough or something

yea man i know that feeling

its easy to make a beat but to make one that really keeps my head bumping is difficult man

i think its normal though, every producer probably creates many "crap" beats before he comes up with that one banger

when you make one you're really into though ... can't describe that feeling, its glorious!

Often I will be in the "productive" state of mind where I'll start making a track and come up with all sorts of ideas for it until I burn out for the day. Then I shelve it and come back to it later. If it is something I like later, I will continue working on it, and if I don't like it, I usually delete it unless it has some sort of potential. I have so many ideas though that it's ridiculous O_O

Back