Problem with cords ?

JaySpring

Hey guys, when I make a good melody on some preset and then change it, it all gets messed up, one cord sounds higher etc. even tho they are played on the same place. This only happens, when i copy them, or make them i different order. Thank you

I don't really understand your question. What do you change? The melody, the chords, the preset? And what do you copy? The chords, the melody? Please clarify.

oh I am sorry, pretty much I create a melody which sounds good with lets say preset "A". I make the melody by setting a note, and finding the right cords, I copy them and past them on and on to create a melody, sounds good with preset "A". Then I choose lets say preset "C" and it sounds shit, the first cord if fine, and other sounds too high pitched etc. it just doesnt fit suddenly, I found out that its fixable, by slowly rearranging the chords. By rearranging I mean remaking each of them the same way, for example...I have F#4 + F#5, and I have 3 1/2 steps to play. These sound fine with preset "A", then I switch to preset "B", first cords sound good, but the second sound too low pitched, so I have to remake the fist hcord by placing a note on F#4 and then on F#5, and the same with with the other chord. I hope you understand

Usually different presets are tuned differently. As much as - or + 64 octaves or a .1 of a octave. Not to mention the detune knob on a synth.

I generally agree with the others. What irritates me, is that you say the first chord sounds good, and then it sounds too low or high. Does this occur with all your synth plugins?

Back