Practice for Composers

Arvin_art

hey guys i need help again ... im gonna have to compose 2 or 3 Modern hip-hop songs for a album called Hang ... im not the main producer of this album , the main composer is one of my old friends and imma help him ... but that album is not the biggest album of this year . i gotta compose for Another album that is a really weird one ... it has a story , has 2 songs about drugs , not sad songs , just songs describing the drugs ... weird , and alot of weird songs . the thing is i gotta be a better composer than i am now ... i surely am one of main producers of that album . but i gotta improve ...

so the point is how can i ? this question has been asked by other people probably , who i couldnt find ... is there any practicing about composing ? im a hardworker but i dont really know how to work hard for This ...

btw guys i dont have time to help other people . i try alot but my help to others is not enough so i feel a bit guilty ... sorry

Making the instrumental ... like tony ( the other composer ) gives me the tempo , i write the melody and make the beat ( or tony does it ) , then send to tony , then he edits ( or i do ) , then it goes to studio , the raps get experimented , then i do the engineering stuff , then the rapper and tony complete the raps , then 1000 more times of editing , then a song is done .

Any real-life application of composing for other people with a deadline is going to work wonders for your own skills. Don't beat yourself down because you don't think you are as good as other producers. Consider this an opportunity to express your unique skills and really put your heart into this project. I wish you luck, friend!

If you wanna really beat yourself down, start reading chords progressions & harmony. It includes everything for composing basic to expert stuff. Otherwise, check out YT videos and strictly follow guidelines.

Peace :angel:

Back