Is it possible to turn music into a real subconscious drug?

manifest2177

There is this interesting article on how it's possible to sow into music, subliminal audio frequencies to make the listener feel confident, happy, motivated or whatever desired mental state.

I was wondering does anyone believe this practice is possible or know anyone who done this?

*I would also like to add the article saying many in the Music Industry conduct this practice in Hip hop, Pop, Dub step etc..
that they figured out ways to make their beats and hit singles subtly addictive outside the realm of just being "catchy"

Instead of how classical composers use to match melody or drums to heart rate or tempo, Top Producers now try to match brain tempos and patterns; yet again very subtle and something most would hardly notice something being altered in their music to make the person feel how he or she feels.

Last edited:
Anything is possible. I agree with this and even wrote about it during university. I believe that for this chemical exchange to work, some part of the listener must coerce with you and I think this happens naturally and can be understood as a pattern.

There is no simple formula as the elements in the world which cause these feelings are constantly changing and the potential itself is constantly changing. It seems to disappear and turn up on the other side of the world.

Music is a great medium to concentrate a psionic effect but just like the Hawthorn Effect, the stimulus and the result are near impossible to separate. You'll never know in any amount of fullness whether one being is causing this drug or whether the world itself is the catalyst, so its very hard to turn this into a compositional technique.

If you feel something from the music, though, the best thing you can do is stay in tune with it and chart the effects you get from it. Doctor knows best.

I agree; anything is possible, well put. The process I read was being used was the use of binaural beats; now I've heard of of this type of audio being used by itself for relaxation, concentration etc.. though I can only imagine if anything can be stretched further than this.

The article implied the Music industry uses this process of binaural tones in their projects all the time.

Nice track, and I respect your opinion; now say if binaural audio was used in the the music industry and say you put this audio tone that replicates the same frequency your listeners brain goes through when lets say it's "Happy" are you against this practice? Do you condone and would be you for it?

It's not really an addictive drug more so raising subtle emotional feelings when desired in your listeners.

This article claims this sort of thing is possible and being done in the industry and top producers.

My absolute favorite thing about music is that it can change a persons mood and doesn't actually need to be subliminal to accomplish this feat. The background score in movies does that very thing to get the viewer to "feel" what the director wants them to. Sure, a frequency might be able to accomplish this, but I don't think that it will be a substantial affect. That's like when commercials get louder than the program. The viewer's attention is automatically drawn to them because it's hard to ignore the elephant in the room. Now, the beat, the tone, the instruments, the pace, the vocals (if there are any. are they gritty? smooth? soft? low? loud? male? female?), the song's structure, those things REALLY affect the mood. I love playing with the emotional aspect of music. That why I listen and write.

it's kind of a non-question isn't it? music causes emotion... that is why we like it. maybe i'm missing something here and I can't be bothered to look up the meaning of binaural or read the article but if you have a message that you want people to hear then just write a song with the message in the lyrics... ?

if you want your music to be addictive then make it really good and people will listen to it over and over...

if you want people to enjoy themselves then make a record that they dance like crazy to...

hmmmm... none of this is really new is it? do you think james brown or miles davis or any other great musician used these magic tones?

I wonder if you can buy sample packs with some of these mysterious frequencies? that would be good, just make any old rubbish, wack in some subliminal frequecies and retire on the royalties...

actually, I might start selling inaudible frequencies that can be added to homemade beats... paypal me £10 and I will send you a frequency that will get any women that hears it into bed...

sorry to be sarcastic... no I don't believe...

There's a guy called i-Doser that actually makes songs with frequencies and sounds that would make you feel like what ever the track was called if you listened to it with the technique. i-Doser made a song called "LSD" and it was banned I believe because it actually made people trip lol. Im still on the edge about it, but I did listen to one called "relaxation" and ill admit it made me feel very relaxed. There's even one called "orgasm" LOL!

Last edited:
ever heard of I-doser?

but that's not music cause there's no music theory there,
that's just sound waves or noise in a program or mp3 and you listen to it using headphones and closing your eyes and concentrating.

This topic is quite interesting; I am currently in the process of conducting a psychological study at my university into how music can be used to reduce the stress response. There is actually quite a bit of scientific evidence that supports this. Although it must be said that music is one of those subjects that has been studied producing a range of evidence, including for instance improving cognitive function, reducing cognitive function, eliciting positive mood states, eliciting negative mood states etc. To be honest it all depends on the person, I know when i listen to certain types of music it can affect me in many ways, ambient music for instance can really help me to relax and put me in a meditative type state.

Back