please help

K

kavalake

hey,

i'm new to this music stuff and don't know yet exactly if i'm gonna start a career in music. i'm just trying different things with rebirth 2.0 to see if how much i like making music.

anyway, could anyone please tell me which software program could i use to make these sirens or whatever they're called that are in the song Amokk by 666.

thanks,
kavalake

It's called a Horn, though it isn't a horn.
Almost any softsynth can do it.
You can check the music portal and the "Software Synth" section for programs.

yes

i downloaded orion, simsynth and reaktor.

i haven't tried to get buzz working yet, because i've been playing with these three.

with orion i came pretty close to that horn sound in mauro picotto's 'iguana'. i also ended up with several police sirens (i thinks that's what they're called in English).

i haven't done literally anything with simsynth yet, but i think it might be able to do lots of things for me.

reaktor, i think is the best of all of these, but i still haven't figured out how to use it. i even can't get any sound out of it.

basically my knowledge of software synthesis is zero. the only things i remotely know about are the attack, decay, sustain, and release knobs. everything else i just turn almost randomly. at one point a knob has a certain effect on the sound and the next minute it has a different effect. i guess i should read the manuals.

anyway, i can't say that i can create anything that i want to create with these programs.

kavalake

I believe I have some horn presets lying around. I'll find them and tell you how they're made (saws/squares...)

Back