Please enlighten me (4 music composers)

Nito_Prod

First off: Excuse me for the "4 music composers" I thought so hard about not writing the number 4 that my subconsience actually pulled a trick on me and wrote it for me...

If you got it, put on the soundtrack of pirates of the carribean, at worlds end. Find yourself a nice, intense cue and please tell me what perc it is that sounds like sticks banging against eachother.
This would be a pretty vague description, but if you make and listen to this kind of music you'll know what I mean.
There's huge bassdrums establishing a nice lowend boom&rythm, but there's also some kind of drum that accents the triple/quadruple fills between them to further enhance the effect of the bassdrum. If you catch my drift.

It can't be just sticks cause the fashion it's played it's like a drum of some sort. I know filmscoring nowadays is as much sounddesign as it is music so no holds barred when it comes to what means you use to get the result, but it sounds like something that's found in an orchestra, not just a major reworked sound in post.

Last edited:
You know what? I haven't thought about it being taikos at all, but you might be on to something there. I'm gonna give it a go and see what I can make of it. Much appreciated

Back