Plain Vocals

CJG

Hi there, I would like some suggestions on how to make a sentimental song’s vocals out stand in a dance remix song. I find the vocals are not powerful enough to bring out the impact of the dance song, thank you.

Not sure if I understand you question completely.
But having a good mic, maximizing the vox, and using the right effects on the vocals make a huge difference on the sound quality of a vocal in a dance mix.

Check out some of my tracks. If you hear something you would like to know how we did it, just ask and I will let you know.

http://www.myspace.com/theoryinmotion

add reverb, make the vocals louder, COMPRESS COMPRESS COMPRESS. maybe the vocal just isn't powerful enough, you may have to get an artist to resing it,

Thanks for the advise guys,

the recording was done by a a professional singer, good vocals, but because the original song is a sentimental one, so it doesn't bring real impact when mixing it in a dance song, i was only wondering is there any tips if anyone would like to share.

Anyone knows the technic of effecting the vocals?

1)robotic voice
2)army walky talky kind of voice
3)funny pitching voice (I know people use a tool call "auto tune", but i've no idea how to use it when i got hold of the trail version of it on the internet.)
4)Crowd vocals (A large crowd singing along with the singer)
5)those fade in fade out vocals in those trance songs, sort of like being sucked in and out effect.

I can post some samples if you guys don't understand.

You guys are really great people, thanks for all the tips given. :)

Oh, to add one more i forgot, does anyone so happen to know how to do that aeroplane kind of effect on plain vocals?

I know to do it on normal tracks is only to duplicate the track and twitch it a little from the original track, but what if there's only plain vocals?

If using the same way, it will only show echo effect.

Back