Placing Drums under a sample???

rando

Alright I use FL 6, and I like chopping in Audacity, I know that about myself, but lately I have just been composing, but know I wanna start sampling more often, so in FL after I got the samples chopped up to my liking, where and how should I start placing drums, oh yeah I do have a acurate BPM reader, so that is taken care of, but where should I start when placing drums???

Last edited:
place them where you feel they are needed..or if you want to play them live then put the kick and snare under a layer..and click on the little arrow next to layering and click on Split Children..then play your drums on your midi controller..

Last edited:
With most samples if they are looped... You should feel when the kicks an snares need to come in. Just with the flow. Use the FL Keyboard Feature to bang them out how they feel, than edit where they are exactly.
:cheers:

If your sample is timed up pretty traditionally (beat for beat) then you could just lay some drums over the sample. Maybe try to use some eq and filters to make the drums in the sample less noticeable, that way you can deviate your drum pattern without hearing the ones underneath.

yeah, you could line up the sample in the playlist. Or you could just use the tap tempo function...I find it pretty accurate, even though it calculates every two taps (unlike mpc's that calculate every 4 [from what I heard]) I use that mixmeister too sometimes.

Back