Pitching on hi-hats

Wilby89

when you have pattern of hi-hats do you sometimes change the pitch on every number of hi-hats to add Variation and I dont mean change the pitch of the whole pattern just say on every kick or whateva.

some people like to do it while others might just add a delay, phaser or flanger to give it a bit of movement. if it sounds good then go for it :)

when you have pattern of hi-hats do you sometimes change the pitch on every number of hi-hats to add Variation and I dont mean change the pitch of the whole pattern just say on every kick or whateva.

Nope, I'll tune em then play w/ the velocity/panning. Long as you don't overdoit it'll sound coo. It depends on the sound you goin for. If you gon put it on the kick you might as well layer that shit.

I do it every now and then; with the right kicks and snares you can get a nice gritty pattern if that's what you're after

yh just want to make the hi-hats more interesting try and get that bounce to it I do Play my Hi-hats at different volumes which is cool.

You could do it, I personally don't do it because it usually sounds off in EDM tracks if you are producing hip-hop it may sound good in the case you have described.

Try pitching them just a teeny bit (a few 'cents' - part of a semitone). You can also get really far by shifting drums around on the timeline a little bit so they don't hit perfectly on the beat (if you're not playing them live)

Ive never seen the point XD ive always put a s1 on and turned the width all the way up. and if i were to treat them with effects id treat them as white noise

Back