Pitch envelope?

S

seven1

Does anybody know how to put your own pitch envelope on a sound (like on songs where it sounds like it's a DJ messing who slowed down the vinyl), without having to save it in as a new file (i.e. can u do it in ACID or preferrably FL Studio (without doing that stupid manual events editor way)...

If somebody can help, it'd be much appreciated!!!

Try Automating the sound. Press the record button on FL and bring down the pitch knob. The other pitch knob (that doesnt affect tempo) might not be able to be automated since it isnt real-time.

in FL, you rightclick the pitch knob of the sound, select create automation clip, and you can easily draw its pitch through the song or wherever you want

thanks every1 for replying.. yeh automation clips are ok, but not for smaller sound section. how do u do it in wave traveller or audacity?

changing the pitch of audio samples will also change the length of the sample..if this is not the desired effect then you need a pitch shift plugin to do this..but pitch shifting also causes artifacts and lower quality...you can get free pitch shifters on the net..
in fruity loops there is a plugin called fruity scratcher..try using that and record your automation..i use the manual event editor to fine tune recorded automation..i find it very useful..
you can also open the sample on fruity sampler and use the pitch envelope section..also try granulizer..you can do some crazy stuff with it..

Last edited:
cooledit pro use the turntable windown feature time stretch it back into time with cubase wont sound to good though. just use your midi pitch wheel and record man

seven1 said:
Does anybody know how to put your own pitch envelope on a sound (like on songs where it sounds like it's a DJ messing who slowed down the vinyl), without having to save it in as a new file (i.e. can u do it in ACID or preferrably FL Studio (without doing that stupid manual events editor way)...

If somebody can help, it'd be much appreciated!!!

if your pitch plug in is automatable, you can draw in automation for individual controls in Acid Pro 6, that is one of the reasons I love Acid, its quick and painless

Back