Piano style?

ProdbyCaveman

Im signing up for piano lessons and I was wondering which piano style I should learn? I make rap/hiphop/rnb and punjabi/bhangra music. Is there a specific style(s) that would go well with any of the genres I mentioned? Thanks.

Pian is piano man. Learn the 12 notes, you are taking lessons for the finger movement and note placement not composition. Chances are the piano teacher won't let you learn anything, they will teach you how they play piano. Once you can play piano as you get better it is up to you to apply your knowledge to your own compositions

Chances are the piano teacher won't let you learn anything, they will teach you how they play piano.

What?
How can a teacher teach you anything if they won't let you learn anything?
Anyways.....

OP, I suggest not really worrying about a particular style or genre right not as you are at the very, very beginning of your journey into learning piano.
I see too many people get caught up in trying to learn a style right away and quit rather than soak up the fundamentals which means alot of playing shit you probably won't like-but that is the whole point. Just accept that for maybe the first year or so, you will be learning fundamentals and then moving onto whatever style or genre you wish, which at that point you may wish to change instructors. My first two years of learning guitar I was stuck learning blues and basic-ass rock tunes-even though I wanted to move into jazz. Those two years prepared me for playing jazz guitar.

I think he means, you won't learn anything related to composition which is partially true. I did learn a little about music theory, but almost nothing about composition. Just how to play them.

Back