Piano In Say goodbye - Chris Brown EQ

2-ii-2

I was wondering how to get my motif es6 piano sounding as crisp as this one.. is there any settings on my motif es6 or on cubase or on fl studio or on pro tools? thanks pc.

its not just one setting id say, havent heard the song u mentioned but i think its a combination or reverb, eq and other stuff. just play around with different pianos

Getting one to sound good is not hard.
Hard part is getting it to still sound good in the whole mix.

This is a guess but, if you have a dedicated bassline, HP filter the Piano at at least 125hz, you could record it to audio and then try something like BBE Sonic Maximizer to enhance the high end, this will bring out clarity without introducing harshness. If you opt for EQ, be sure to use a good quality linear phase eq.

I think breal hit the nail on the head there though when mentioning the mix. To really make it crisp and noticeable, you simply have to make room for it in the mix, that means being aware of the frequencies that you want to 'leap out' and cutting them from other instruments.

You can also 'push' things back into the mix with the use of transient designers. taming transients has the effect of making a sound seem 'softer' and thus, more gentle and less upfront. Couple this with a suitable reverb type and you'll achieve a sense of it being set back. This should help to keep the focus on the Piano upfront and providing you have made mix-space for the high end, you might not need much enhancement.

Some Pianos are simply dull and not too bright anyway, so at least have something which is pretty close to begin with.

thanks alot, what you said makes sense :) i was reading over the "Understanding EQ" thread ... thanks alot!

Back