the perfect 808 using Reason

We all have different perceptions of perfect.

Experiment.

I heard ReBirth has a TR-808 emulator in it (I haven't tried it though), you can tweak it and have a fresh "perfect" 808 straight out of ReBirth right into Reason.

there's a thor patch in the factory sound bank called 808 bd. it's pretty awesome.

You could always download TR-808 samples and load them into ReDrum. That's what I do and it sounds great. Make sure all the Velocities are at 0 and all the values of everything are all default, though.

Man...the 808 has apparently gone far beyond the drum sounds themselves and evolved into an entire way of thinking!

Yeah...I got my hands on a set of the sounds at one point, but I never just play the 808 kick straight. Have some fun smash-compressing it, Scream-ing it, pitch automating, etc etc etc.

Well since the grave has already been redug.....The best 808 kit for reason can be found at....

Wait for it...

It is indeed coming...... (that's what she said...sorry I couldn't help it, I'm in my Micheal Scott zone today..)

Almost there... (See I have grown so much since the last few scrolls! I didn't say it!)

And.....

Here we go......

Reason Refills @ Obiaudio.com

lol just use a sine wave, you have full control over it in malstrom. use scream to distort it to make it sound fat or deep or however you want it to sound. then you can add any kick over it.

Back