Which Parameter Creates This Effect?

itzdlo

ayodlo
Heres a couple examples. Youll hear the sound when the chords progress. I know part of it is portamento / sliding, but its more than this. Who knows maybe its not portamento. Sounds like somethings going on with the pitch envelope but im not sure. All help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
both are examples of polyphonic glide/portamento/slides, nothing special other than the coding to make it work polyphonically (I know, as I am trying to get polyphonic glide to work in reaktor right now)

it's much simpler actually, the voices of the chord are spreaded between the synth's oscillators, and the synth is operating in mono, giving you the ability to slide the whole chord using portamento.
the other way is to use sampler instead of a synth (if you want more voices for example). just sample a chord you want and use the same methodology.
one key thing here is the interval itself, using i-v progression in minor key will work in most cases, depending on the chords you will program.
I can make a synth patch for you if it's not clear enough, what synth are you using?

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys.

it's much simpler actually, the voices of the chord are spreaded between the synth's oscillators, and the synth is operating in mono, giving you the ability to slide the whole chord using portamento.
the other way is to use sampler instead of a synth (if you want more voices for example). just sample a chord you want and use the same methodology.
one key thing here is the interval itself, using i-v progression in minor key will work in most cases, depending on the chords you will program.
I can make a synth patch for you if it's not clear enough, what synth are you using?

I am using Sylenth. A Patch would be awesome. My email is devonlewis808@gmail.com

Im not sure what you mean by the synth is operating in mono. Does that just mean the output is in mono? Because I can achieve that pretty easily. I will try to play a chord and re-sample it. That sounds alot easier than the first option, however I would definitely like to understand how to program the synth to create this effect. Thanks again Massan and Bandcoach.

Also im using razor as well. Still unsure as to what it means for the synth to be operating in mono, unless im way over thinking it haha I think I figured it out via Razor though - "the voices of the chord are spreaded between the synth's oscillators, and the synth is operating in mono, giving you the ability to slide the whole chord using portamento."

Back