Panning Keys on a Synth Lead

Pencilcase

Artistic Toolbox
Hey guys. I'm using Reason 5 atm.

So my current doubt is... how can you pan the sound of the synth leads, poly, bass... without using a Sampler, how am I supposed for example to do this:
1. Group 2 /Let's say, Thor) Leads on the combinator (I know how to do this)
2. Then put each key with a different pan, some more to the right, some more to the left... you know, to make effects and progressions without auto effects...

And also... any good suggestions on how to make a drumroll without redrum on reason? I'm getting quite confused with this too....

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I'm not a Reason user, so I may be wrong.....But basically its all in the routing...

What you would want to is...ok, you mention for instance you have 2 Thor synths loaded up... You want to send one to lets say Channel 1 on the mixer...and the other to channel 2.....That way you can tweak each individually...and then you can even send those 2 to an AUX channel for a final mix of the 2..

Thats a nice tip, but I ain't wrong, you are telling me how to put each Synth of the Combinator with a different panning right? That actually will help, but I was thinking more about progression... forget the combinator... you only have 1 synth... how can I link each keyboard key to sound with a different panning/volume? Let's say making a scale where the synth sound keeps getting higher and more to the right... you know what I mean?

My English is not perfect when talking 'bout music but I guess that I was clear. :)

Thanks!

Thats a nice tip, but I ain't wrong, you are telling me how to put each Synth of the Combinator with a different panning right? That actually will help, but I was thinking more about progression... forget the combinator... you only have 1 synth... how can I link each keyboard key to sound with a different panning/volume? Let's say making a scale where the synth sound keeps getting higher and more to the right... you know what I mean?

My English is not perfect when talking 'bout music but I guess that I was clear. :)

Thanks!

So...run your synth to a mixer channel.... play out the melody or whatever you want to play...Then automate the Pan parameter...

I'm not familiar enough with Reason to know whether or not you could route an LFO to a Pan Parameter in the synth....If you could, that might do the trick..

But I cant even begin to explain that because like I said, I'm not familiar enough with Reason...

So to keep it simple...play whatever you want to play....then either go into the Piano Roll / Midi editor, and pan each note accordingly....or set up some type of automation for the "Pan" knob in the mixer.

Sorry I can't be more help when it comes to details...but I know for a fact this stuff can be done... So if no one else drops any knowledge in here, I suggest reading your Reason manual, and searching the internet for videos/tutorials how to do this...Its all pretty basic stuff...I just happen to use FL Studio, not Reason

Back