Old feeling dirty sound, from midi

i dont know how to say that word
it just dont sounds so verry sweet en pretty....

check that link that i posted, and listen verry good to that beat

the best thing to do is get a sample of a dirty piano rather than a super clean pristine sound. (and when i say "sample" I don't necessarily mean "loop" or "sampled melody"... i mean you should either sample a single dirty piano note and use that as the basis for your sound, or use a commercial sample set that has "dirty" sounds, or a dirty synth patch.)

...otherwise, try running your sound through some sort of vinyl emulator plug, or lay some distortion on it, or knock the bit rate down a tad, or something like that.

thnx homey. ik give it a shot...

one question...when i got only one note, i can't play good melodie's , when i higher or lower, because its gonna pitchs right?

Delict said:
thnx homey. ik give it a shot...

one question...when i got only one note, i can't play good melodie's , when i higher or lower, because its gonna pitchs right?

you can take 1 note and spread it out over the keyboard in your sampler. Then you can use it to play your melody.

Slight distortion or import the played piece into your audio editor and buit crush it.
Record to cassette and record the cassette piece.
Record to tape and back.

Many, many ways to dirty up a sound.

a good trick for this is to do the things the following people mentioned but make a multi sampled patch from one sample.

using an audio editor, pitch up and down your sample at least for every c and g of an octive you are using. timestretch the samples to keep it from getting too fast or slow.

if done correctly, you'll be in grit and artifact central...

and remember, for every semitone, a sample tends to speed up ~4%

-Let us know if this works

-Lodger

also, make sure you are using the right sample...it sounds like that was a rhodes that was being used in that sample that you linked to

-Lodger

Back