oh lil waynes "lollipop" bass notes?

RhyanCrisis

from what i've dug up...(i used tempo 74..) it sounds closed enough.. they used... D for 1 bar... then F# for almost a half of bar.. and moved it up to F in a higher octave..... why'd they do this?.. now i know most hip hop producers change the bass notes on the kicks.... but for some reason.. they do it after the kick kinda.... what kinda of syncopation is this? i notice its done alot in drake beats as well as southern ones... i just wanna learn why and how to do it tho...

D-E-B[sup]b[/sup]-A is the bass line

The opening synth line is

d-d-d-d-e-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-g-g-g-g | d-d-d-d-e-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-a-a-a-a | d-d-d-d-e-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-g-g-g-g | d-d-d-d-e-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-a-------

then the bass comes in with some small changes to the synth line (I've made the changes based on a single listening, so may be wrong in places)

d-d-d-d-d-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-f-g-g-g | d-d-d-d-d-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-f-a-a-a-a | d-d-d-d-d-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-f-g-g-g | d-d-d-d-d-e-e-e-f-f-f-f-f-a-a-a-a |
D------------------------------ | E-------------------------------- | B[sup]b-[/sup]----------------------------- | A-------------------------------- |

Yeah, I want to learn this also, so people help us out!

Back