Is this not 120BPM?

1) I make your length 16.56s more or less
2) accepting your claim of 120bpm, this means that you have 33.12 beats or just over 8 bars of 4/4
3) when I tapped the tempo I got 122 bpm as the tempo (this is a running average tempo over the 32 beats), however:
4) I count exactly 8 bars, where no two bars are exactly the same length (this suggests that you are rushing and pulling back on the tempo as you go)
5) taking 8 bars over 16.56 seconds means that we have a bpm of 115.956 (116bpm for simplicity sakes)

your phrase jumps a little rhythmically adding to the rushed and unsettled feel

you need to relax a little in the upward run on beat 4 of every odd bar (1,3,5,7) so as not arrive at the downbeat of the next bar too soon (you may want that rushed feeling but it makes it much more difficult to synch with drums and other things)

its recorded off keyboard playing as opposed to being arranged on a synthesizer. i think the rushed and unsettled feel fits in with the name and them of the loop.

what software can i use to determine BPM (free one please)

I know a bit about bars and beats but you know any good tutorials about this

try these

Band Coach ~ Melodic Combination Calculator

each one should be self-explanatory

and use this to do your own long term average tap tempo

Bandcoach ~ Tap Tempo Calculator

the unsettled feeling may be appropriate but it is not even in time with any recognisable tempo or time signature - my initial feelings were that I was listening to something that kept shifting time signature or just had a very variable tempo - i.e. it seemed as if some bars were shorter or longer

Back