nnxt help drums and snares

$nate88

Hi just need some advice on a problem im having im playing manual snare rolls from the nnxt in reason and what im playing isnt coming out fast enough what would be the right settings so i can play really fast dont know if its a keboard problem i have a axiom 61 my drums always sound stiff to just need to know if im missing something or maybe its my timing not sure.Need to get more bounce out of my drums and snares thanks.

it is most likely a combination of factors tied to what you can play on your keyboard - your keyboard itself will not be the core of the problem, but rather your playing skills and the limitations of MIDI itself (your control protocol) - your data stream may not be able to provide you with a fine enough division of beats (although even basic MIDI can cope with triplet 32nds at 24ppqn).

it is most likely a combination of factors tied to what you can play on your keyboard - your keyboard itself will not be the core of the problem, but rather your playing skills and the limitations of MIDI itself (your control protocol) - your data stream may not be able to provide you with a fine enough division of beats (although even basic MIDI can cope with triplet 32nds at 24ppqn).
I thought that was the case guess i will just have to keep practicing ive been needing a change so i was going to do some dirty south beats and ive seen some people playing the rolls really quick by hand and i thought that maybe there was a setting to make the notes not as stiff i will see if its a midi problem.Im using reason with the mpc maybe i need a new soundcard because im using a cheap soundcard and a midi hub for that setup so maybe i need a soundcard with midi built in so i dont have two different devices connected thanks for the comment.

Back