Next Level of Hip Hop

C

crazytune

I love hip hop cause dat s*%^ always going to another level. For example, using a classical piece with an 808 drum line or taking some old school Sytlistics song and making a sick east coast banger out of it. My question is this...does anyone think hip hop and movie scores will ever mix? It would be sick to see someone compose a hip hop beat that sounds like it belongs in a movie or something! By that I mean combining the types of sounds and styles from movie score composers like Harry Gregson-Williams (Metal Gear Solid 2, Armagedon, The Rock) or Mark Snow (X-Files) with an 808 drum line to make a DRAMATIC type rap song! Give me your thoughts.

hell yea, i definitely see that comin.
i myself TRIED to mix orchestration with hiphop but wit poor result haha.

but i managed to get 1 track sounding real good which im really proud of. nice epic/dramatic feel to it.

take a listen to Rob D - clubbed to death
if thats the sound your picturing

you obviously don't know RZA did Kill Bill and BT with Murder Inc did Fast and Furious. Krush Groove came out in 1985. Fab Five Freddy with Blondie did Wild Style.

Mo' media

RJD2 did 'Gettin' up' for the PS2 and and I am sure there are a ton more DJ's that do production for games.
Not only that, I know of some producer cats that their day job is making songs for commercials and what not.
Nothing is new under the sun, just get in where you fit in.

For the drama shiznit, you may want to check out the whole triphops (sub?)genre, they are all about this kind of thing. You like orchestras? I guess you may want to dig out some Portishead.

yea, Stoupe is the God of what you're referring to.

Did somebody forget Massive Attack?? As well as many of their tracks sounding like they could sound track wicked films, they did do a whole soundtrack. Check out 'Danny The Dog'. To be fair, it's not exactly hip-hop, but the production is awesome. Check the back catalogue for some other examples!

Big up all UK production massives! Still balazing it hot!!!!

yeah i made a rnb orchestra typr,pplz say its like music from a scene when some1 dies,

I know that Audio Bullys did it...in the song The Things. They sampled a cop show theme from Henry Mancini...and RZA with a song from Dario Argento's film "Sette Note in Nero" for kill bill...

visit moviegrooves.com, there are a lot of rare tracks and soundtracks scores..

the stuff rza did for kill bill is what is gonna really push it through though. the success of that venture is what all the movie execs will be thinkin of when they hire... kanye, to do the next big action movie. theres not as much doubt now.

like was said, its already happening...

peace.

DanielO_o said:
all about JMT

otherwise known as Jedi Mind Tricks :D

Yeah they come ILL on this dramatic orchestral stuff.

Also lil jon made a remix from the Requiem for a Dream sound track's kronos quartet piece.

next level of hip hop?

seems to be shifting to more techno sounding... using more synths, distortion... basically the sounds where techno was a decade ago.

listen to Throw it up by lil jon
its sampled from orchestra song in lord of the rings 2

Back