new technologies

D

d!Ce

i'm a newbie in the bizz, and i don't understand much of this new technologies, and i got cubase and reason, and all kinds of software, but my doubt is if i really need a midi keyboard, to put this software synths working or not?? or with tha computer keyoard i can do it all??
and what do i need to build basslines? and what is the software synths for producing?

hope u can solve all my probs, and i start to understand more of this...

peace, d!Ce

Ahoj

It is good with a midi-keyboard, with Velocity-sensitivity (because it is a better feeling, you can control more, with it) But it doesn't have to be expensive.

You can connect Reason with Cubase, and make the songs in Cubase. If you have sounds in your keyboard you can also add them to your songs with midi.

You make basslines in Cubase with sounds from your keyboard or Reason (or Rebirth, or any other good soft.-synth)

Good luck, see you.

My icq: 10430928

thnkz for your help
midi-keyboards don't come with sounds, is just to control the sounds that come with the software synths, isn't it??
where i go get the sounds i really want??
hope u help me to solve all my doubts

peace d!Ce

Yes, the midi keyboard is just used to control the sounds from your software synths. You can create/load the sounds you really like in that softwaresynth and/or use a softwaresampler to be able to play with drumloops, individual drumsounds, ...
You should search the internet for sounds you can load into your softsynth. Samples you can find on sites like http://www.analoguesamples.com .
Have fun!

Back