new song i made with VSL and Cubase

N

naiyo

I just started to use Cubase moving from FL Studio. Check it out.

The notes kind of clash. The whole thing doesn't really harmonize very well too. Also there seems like theres a little too much reveerb or something, but maybe thats how you wanted it.

No disrespect btw. It's a nice piece.

nah that **** is really tight dawg , very different i like how you played with the velocity of the notes and how they make the song dramatic. Maybe i just needed to here something different!

thanks for the comments. I love this song and i know people are not going to like every song.

I enjoyed this piece. Kudos.

The bells were a litttttle piercing. But overall, it's a great progression.

respect.
sim

I didn't find anything that clashed. It's a good song.
But I did feel that it wasn't very adventurous harmonically.

I guess the only thing I can do is suggest a few things, and you can take or leave them any way you want...
That same chord progression kept repeating the whole time, I would suggest changing it up somewhere in the middle, it feels kind of stale after a while.
Or if you feel like the piece isn't supposed to change harmonically, then perhaps do more with the orchestration. You can pass the arpeggiated line around the orchestra, have instruments come in and out so that it is one seemless continuation of the line, but it keeps changing colors.

You've done some cool stuff where you change instruments and add new ones. Maybe try combinations of instruments and see what you can get out of that. I think working with the orchestration will really take this piece to the next level.

Back