New cinematic track made with EWQL!

Very nice, definitely score material. The snare rolls give it a victorious/war type feel. Excellent work man! I'm no expert at all but I must say that it sounds a bit cliché at times, but having said that, it sounds very professional to me anyway.

Whoa! Very nice work! This sounds like an ending to some kind of Army game! I had tears in my eyes from hearing this! lol, this is beatiful man! I love the sounds you used in this man, this is where I want to take my productions, this is truly amazing. How long have you've been scoring? I'm definitely coppin Eastweast Orchestral now! Your track deserves a second play!:D Do you play any instruments? I don't, and I find it hard to try and make scores without knowing how to play the piano...

thx for the reply man. I've been writing cinematic music for a couple months now. I play the trumpet, and a little piano. But yea, knowing how to play the piano definately helps, but what's most important is having good knowledge of music theory.

Wow,

Seriosly its good man, well done.

I really like your tracks, What equipment are you using?

keep it up,

Matty

awesume.... you had me day dreamin! lol only 10 post stick around and help the less fortunate lol ;) regards D

Yeah this track is awesome, how long have you been composing? Great quality stuff, and really good production as well, wish I could get my EWQL stuff sounding so clean. Keep at it!

holy ish!

WOW! all i can say is wow! that jive is AWESOME!
all i could do is look at the screen and pick my jaw
up when it was done. those swells...OMG!
Dude, u r a BEAST! nuff said!

Have just listened to "Conclusion" and found the writing to be very well done. Well thought out and produced. On the negative, I didn't like the sound library\libraries you used as to me they sounded to synthetic. Although they were very well played, they didn't sound very smooth and flowing. Only because of the quality in the library and not your performance, I would've taken this piece and put it, not in a movie but, in a video game maybe....I believe with the right library this piece would be even more awsome.

Very impressive piece. Original. You could sell that or at least garner interest in your work. Excellent. Tell me, I am thinking of investing in the EWQL Symphonic Orchestra line. But I am not sure which edition. Should I go with Gold over Silver (Platinum is outta the question for now). I am just a hobbyist but I do want my stuff to sound that GOOD. I could probably strecth to get the Gold but if the Silver will do, I will save the dosh. What I wanted to ask was does it make the world of difference?

i would buy silver first. you can always upgrade to gold later and not lose any money overall by doing so. this is what i did. thx for the good comments everyone!

Hey Oneilio,

Was wondering if your EWQL Gold edition had arrived yet and what you think of it. Also, how much better than the silver version is it? Your thoughts. Plus any new pieces we can hear?

Thanks

The gold version is the version to get. I consider the Silver to be merely a demo. It has alot more articulations, and a lot more percussion. One thing worth noting is that the Silver version comes with male and female choirs, and also a steinway piano, which i've used numerous times. If you want to hear any new pieces, go to www.acidplanet.com/oneilio/music and check out the pieces towards the top of the list.

hey man,
nice work. i agree with the cliches though. There needs to be more dynamic contrast because after all, that is what writing for an orchestra is about. With that many instruments you have so much freedom to explore textures and pass around melodies and counter melodies and each time it will sound different and expressive. What i think you need to work on is learning the sound and texture of the instruments and how to take full advantage of an orchestra. For example, the sound you have is very full, that is exciting and all but to heighten this you need a contrast. Maybe try a completely striped back section with glock, bass clarinet and flute with minimal string support using the same melodic and chordal themes with a slight variation. Try using cannons and call and response between the instruments to open up the texture possibilities. Then bring back in the full sound and you will be suprised how big the sound will be. To emphasise a 'BIG' sound, use french horns ascending or following the cellos. Make sure they have their 'golden moments' cutting through the mix. That is what makes a great score, a series of'golden moments' and i find that french horns often have potential for that. Listen to anything from Stravinsky for ideas on percussion scores cos he knows his stuff! 'The Firebird Suite' will give you ideas on theme and variation and stripping sound and textures. Anyway, hope this was helpful. Good luck@
- Dane

Back