New cinematic track made with EWQL!

oh yeah,
for orchestral, get out of fruityloops cos its a joke for what you are trying to achieve and get into cubase or sonar (very nice). For scoring, they are the balls man!

woah woah woah. don't bash fruity loops man. Listen to some of my latest works. fruity loops is as competent as ever other sequencer. It also has the video player which allows for scoring music to film a LOT easier. you don't know what you're talking about if you tell me FL Studio sucks.

yeah you got your opinion and i got mine. I have listened to some of your latest works. You're on your way. I am talking about industry standard and recognised software. Fruityloops is cool i have to agree, and great for making beats etc. But you won't have the same control over every single parameter that you will get by using these other programs. If you say to an established composer that you score in fruityloops, then you will be laughed at. I used to use it and i thought it was the 'bestest prog ever!' until i started studying and using better programs and gear. This is the same with many of my friends. What a lot of composers and producers i know do, which you might find helpful is create sounds and beats in fruity loops, then sequence and mix in a more powerful sequencer. I have to emphasise that i am not meaning any offence, i am only trying to point you in the right direction. check out www.scottbuckley.com.au he is a friend of mine and uses GOLD EDITION with SONAR. You will hear the difference immediately. Good Luck.
- Dane

yea i believe you are correct, to an extent. can you give me an example of a parameter that you can edit/automate in cubase or some other program that you can't edit/automate in fruity loops?

hey man,
grow up and do the research yourself. Do some study into what the pros use and why and make up your own mind. I don't need to prove anything to you. Having used many programs recommended to me by industry professionals and academics and researching myself, i have my own set of programs that i feel comfortable using and i know that i can rely on to acheive what i need to for clients. You are young and naive. I am NOT saying that i know everything cos i dont, but i do know that there are industry standard programs for different types of tasks within music. For what you are trying to achieve, Sonar and Cubase and Nuendo are recommended by the best as the program to use. After using these i can see why. Do the research, try the demo's and make up your own mind. But don't be so closed about the subject or you will go nowhere. Anyway i dont think this discussion warrants anymore replies from me. Remember that just because you have something and you like it, doesn't mean its the best for what you are trying to achieve. Do the research.
- Dane

https://www.futureproducers.com/article.php/id/15

Pros

Can have a decent rhythm track within minutes.
Lifetime upgrades for free.
Audio Recording.
Some great Generators.
Can be used as a Rewire host and Slave.

Cons

Doesn’t allow for as much control over aspects such as automation and audio file manipulation as would be desired.
Issues coping with external plugin window.
Can’t have online manual open outside FLStudio.
Website and manual could be easier to navigate, and be more in depth.

I would also mention that the download site names version 4.5.1, the About file shows 4.5.1 in the top corner, yet when I first installed version 4.5.x it said I had installed 4.5.0, and opening the About window cause for a synthesised voice to say that it is 4.5.0. So which is it?

that is part of a review from this very site. If you want to make it sound real then you need complete control over parameters that you just cant get from fruityloops. I have heard compositions done with silver edition that sound convincing because they can manipulate and fine tune in a more suited environment. Its not just me saying this, reviews and the industry speak for themselves.
Whatever you want man. Im done...but dont be naive and tell me that fruityloops can do everything that the other programs can. If it could it would cost $1000, NOT $149. help yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely feelin this mate.

u've got some mad talent!

i've been checkin out some of your other tracks and DAMN!

keep it up dude.

woah woah. i did'nt mean to say that in a hostile way. i was just asking if you knew of 1 parameter. no need to prove or list anything to me. i realize that most pros use cubase and logic and whatnot, but that does NOT mean that you can't be successful using a different tool. I have cubase, and i don't like it. i have reason, and i don't like it. it's about being comfortable with what you have. I can integrate my access virus ti, yamaha motif es, and other equipment seamlessly into FL. I am happy with it. You can automate everything in FL that you can in Cubase. you set up a midi out, configure the CC, and there you have it. you can also automate every aspect of every parameter of every frequency in a parametric equalizer. it gets THAT specific. i'm sure you can do these things in cubase as well. you can do the same things in both programs, and i take better to FL. one should respect a person for their music, not their sequencer. maybe YOU need to grow up and realize that.

What you are not undestanding or maybe i have expressed myself in the wrong manner is, i am writing these because i believe you have potential. But unlike every other butt kisser i will not bow down and say its great because you will not learn from that. What i believe people learn from is constructive criticism. eg "it is good, but..." You make your own decisions and be influenced on your way. If you feel fruityloops is adequete for what you are trying to achieve now then so be it. I will respect that. But i was like you and did exactly what you are doing to me. Its a safety zone using what you are familiar with. Give it a couple of years. You're probably thinking to yourself right now that im a know-it-all jackass. Yeah that's fine, but im just trying to speed up the process. Anyway good luck in your endevours and i look forward to hearing more work.
- Dane

Back