Need PROFESSIONAL HELP LEX LUGER 808 & Brass is he Sidechaining w/ a Peak Controller?

itzdlo

ayodlo
Need PROFESSIONAL HELP LEX LUGER 808 & Brass is he Sidechaining w/ a Peak Controller?

Okay so I have two questions:
1. How does Lex Luger get his brass to sound so epic.

&

2. How does he get his 808s like that? This is exactly what someone told me he does "He uses a bass wave layered with a kick. basically like making your own 808's. it just sounds better and you can adjust how long the bass hits for, if it sustains the sine or it just fades out. Use a basic kick and compress that one one channel, then sidechain a bass wave to it from the "FM Sub" setting of the "Fruity DX-10" and run the dx-10 through maximus. sounds ****in dope" Can anyone BETTER explain this? I know what sidechain compression is, I would just like someone to explain this a little better if they can.

As for the brass, this is what I think he does, and would like anyone to explain who knows how or if he does this. Take a look at the end of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAr2jlB3DnQ&feature=related --> When Lex is going through his sounds a bunch of orchestral samples start to play. Is this just a coincidence? If not why would he have a bunch of orchestral samples anyways? He makes Trap Music.

Also take a listen to Kanye West's new song H.A.M. featuring Jay Z also produced by Lex Luger.

I've been trying to get my brass and my sounds to sounds like Lex Lugers but it sounds so epic, I dont know how he does it..... ALL HELP APPRECIATED!!!

-Dev

---------- Post added 02-08-2011 at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 02-07-2011 at 06:28 PM ----------

No one?

I have fl9 I usually use the bd 1 from the vintage pak. Bass boost and use the multiband compressor set on bass boost the layer the dx10 fm sub under it on seperate channels and do the samething ex. Bd on channel 1 with the boost and compressor on it , fm sub on channel 2 with boost and compressor on it.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I use the boston brass sound font for the horns to get that luger feel I use 3 to4 chords horns and 3 to 4 chords strings under it . It took me a couple months to figure this out. The boston brass soundfont is free google it. Hopes this helps holla back.

Thanks fam I appreciate it im most def gonna check all that out after I finish this paper! lmfao.

His brass is usually cheesy or synthy. So I'm not sure what your definition of epic is. What you may be perceiving is how he gets his beats so "mixed". That's by professionals. Than after, a whole song gets mastered. Audio is perspective. Most of it is simply making what you wnat loud..and turning and tuning everything else down. You only get 2 speakers.

Another thing about his brass is the keys he is playing. He isn't playing triads...he is inverting and layering octave on the root..usually.

Even with someone like the runners, the brass, is layered with a stab that add excitement.

Throw crashes and triple time hi hats..i guess you could call that epic.

but the patches themselves, alone, are generic.

Korg Digital has many of them.

And H.A.M...is not produced by Lex Luger alone. Kanye west keyboard man played the piano and orchestra over the "beat", and there's a real choir singing. So if you want that kind of sound...you're gonna need more than a few plugins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back