Need to know what effects can be on synths

F

fonk doc

I wanna know all the kind of effects i can put on synths,especially on rap,hip hop style!And some tutorial for mixing synths!Thanks!

I wanna know all the kind of effects i can put on synths,especially on rap,hip hop style!And some tutorial for mixing synths!Thanks!
Ok I think you are a little off on what you are asking... First of all you can put any effects you want over your synths, I wouldn't say any genre uses any specific effects (except for maybe autotune hahaha). Although 808 kick samples are used in a lot of hip hop.

As for a tutorial on "mixing" synths... You don't really mix synths, I mean you can play two different ones and fade them into each other or layer them which is essentially mixing... but I think what you mean is programming synths (making your own sounds)

P.S. use the search tool... there's a billion threads just like this

There are a few things you need to learn about before asking this question:
1) what is a synth and what does it do?? (learn how to program a few synth sounds, tutorials are everywhere)
2) what are effects, what do they do, and what are some different ones? and when are they used? (There's plenty of threads on here about effects too, and there are so many that you can't just ask "whats good effects for hip hop??")
3) Start looking on youtube or forums for things on effect usage, synth programming, sampling etc... there's no shortcut, you can't just learn about the effects you want to use...

Last edited:
Back