Need Help with this sound

zaahir2

I am listening to the song Starkillers & Nadia Ali - Keep it Coming (Richard Beynon & Starkillers Epic Mix), and was wondering how he got the piano/synths to sound so massive. They sound wide/full and layered. I have tried layering pianos, using the stereo widener in nexus, and trying to EQ it, but I can't get anywhere close. Any tips? I can't post the link, it is on youtube.

Thanks

One use the poorman's youtube link

/watch?v=P15cSopRi6w

two here it is

Any takers?

I'll come back tomorrow and have a listen (middle of the night here in Sydney, Aus and kids and wife fast asleep - insomnia is a biatche)

It's brick-wall limited (and the piano is squashed, I can hear it pumping and rippling all over the place) and I can practically taste the frequency exciter.

I think one of the effects of harsh compression (apart from the actual increase in average volume) is that it mimics how your brain / ears work in very loud situations, so if you add echoes and reverb with a lot of compression, the wet sounds kinda ooze out of the cracks in the dry sound, makes it seem huge. Just like if you hear something really loud it makes it impossible to hear relatively quiet things nearby, then when the loud thing stops the quieter things are suddenly audible again.

Last edited:
Back