Need help with something!

namegoeshere

Hi! I'll make this short, but I want to know which is better... I want to know whether it is better to write lyrics and base the song around them, or make a song and base lyrics around them. It is a dubstep song if that is any use. All responses are appreciated. Thanks and bye!

That's a really vague question. Stick with what you know, if you're a producer write the song and sing along to the melody, if you are a song writer write some words down and pick a tempo and build around it. I hope that helps

That varies from producer to producer.
Often the producer writes the song on an instrument (often the piano) and have written down the basic idea and compositions of the track, then find the vocalist and record, then produce the song around it.
Or they just make a track, find a vocalist (or a bunch of them), and let them have their vision of the track and re-record and adjust it until it fits the track perfectly.

Both can suite dubstep production. Often the vocals are recorded for the break, which is easy to just write down on the piano.
You can also just go with the other alternative.

Last edited:
for me it varies song to song: each song has its own genesis and so follows its own path to completion

Back