Need help please

volture

Hello friends, Im new here, from Brazil

We have this darker genre that is bombing here and I tried using this track as reference: YouTube

This is what I came out with: Dark Funky by Volture | Free Listening on SoundCloud

What i need help with:

. U can see in the track in the beginning the kick doesn't sound "full", what I did presumed she did was use an eq and lfo to cutoff the highs, did i do it right?
. How can I make my bass more fat or subby?
. Any tips?
Ty!

Last edited:
What DAW are you using? Because if you have Ableton 10 it has a new Drum Buss feature which really enhances the kicks bass.

You should also think about making sure that the low frequencies of the kick are in mono this should help them stand out a little more and consolidate them more in the mix.

Nice one.

There's already plenty of sub in this mix dude.. it may be so low your monitors are dropping it, though. What speakers are you using?
Different kinds of saturation can bring out some upper harmonics that'll make it play better with smaller speakers.. but the weight is there.

As far as the kick goes.. I see the problem. You mixed it to work with the bassline, but without the bassline it lose a lot of impact..
The easiest solution is to just add a sub layer to the kick when the bassline isn't playing. Make sure it's in tune with the root note of your bassline and it won't be noticable.

Back