Natural Sounding VSTs

daviddavid123

Hello everyone. Right now I use VSTs like Nexus, Sylenth, ElectraX, Massive, etc. In my option these offer good sounds for trap flavored beats or pop or electronic beats, but I'm wondering if anyone could suggest VSTs with more "natural sounds". Sounds like you'd hear in a Kanye West or Drake beat. I know they use samples sometimes but a lot of time they just have very natural sounding instruments. An example of what I'm talking about would be the main sound (the first sound to play) in Controlla by Drake.

its because they are using samples instead of synths, that's why it sounds "natural".

that sound you pointed out in the Drake track sounds like it's 2 different sounds layered, (possibly resampled) then the melody is played.

never hurts to try layering real acoustic sounds with electronic sounds to give it a more organic sound, while still maintaining sonic edge. it sounds like thats what they did here, to me.

you might want to look into libraries that are real instruments sampled, or sample yourself playing something. cut it up then process, resample, repeat, if necessary.

Back