My ears playing tricks on me?

No, the tempo and meter remain consistent. I'm not sure what you're hearing, but I hear a lot of people saying "the beat 'speeds up' here" or some such, when they really mean that the rhythm is more dense in certain places, i.e., there are more 16th notes playing in certain sections rather than 8th notes (hi-hat, shaker, or tambourine, that sort of thing). But the tempo stays the same. At least on the first example; I can't take time to listen to the next one right now.

GJ

No, the tempo and meter remain consistent. I'm not sure what you're hearing, but I hear a lot of people saying "the beat 'speeds up' here" or some such, when they really mean that the rhythm is more dense in certain places, i.e., there are more 16th notes playing in certain sections rather than 8th notes (hi-hat, shaker, or tambourine, that sort of thing). But the tempo stays the same. At least on the first example; I can't take time to listen to the next one right now.

GJ

Thanks. I thought I was losing my mind. Its still happening to me now when I listen to both tracks. I think it's because for the last 2 weeks I been using 140 tempo, and on that beat I made yesterday its 155 tempo. Could be that... Although your explanation makes much better sense.

Last edited:
Back