Mpc 1000!!!!

steadystudyin

Im trying my best to bang my beats out on the pads, however, they never playback how i want the. (ie, the drum hits too early or too late) this is very frustrating, whats the best way to correct it?

Thanks....

You say they hit too early or late, why not just hit the pad on the right time? Also you can move notes

When I use timing correct it usually moves the drum sound to hit earlier...how to I move it manually, or correct it to hit later

Are you trying to play off beat? If so, timing correct will obviously mess you up. Just turn it off, and everything should hit exactly when you press it.

I think i just need a bit more explanation on how to play with the right tempo and swing. Can anyone just explain to me the difference between swings of 1/16 and 1/32 and so on, becasue i think once i have a clear understanding of that I wont have anymore problems...thanks

Kave said:
You say they hit too early or late, why not just hit the pad on the right time? Also you can move notes

How do you "move" the notes on the 1000?

I have'nt seen this feature anywhere on it. I can move notes on the Motif, but I never did it on the 1000?

steadystudyin said:
I think i just need a bit more explanation on how to play with the right tempo and swing. Can anyone just explain to me the difference between swings of 1/16 and 1/32 and so on, becasue i think once i have a clear understanding of that I wont have anymore problems...thanks

Think again, :D!

Im beggining to think the very idea of being a producer is to have problems.

Im not to tech savvy, over the years I've just felt my way through devices.

All I know is when messing with Time Correct, or Quantizing, between 1/8,1/16/& 1/32, they're all the same, only the higher you go, more notes are allowed to be played.

The best way to see this for your self is, set it to 1/32, just start cracking away at your drums, make something complex, quick, try to stutter step in the beat. Play it back. NOW, go to Time Correct, and change it to 1/8. NOW play it again, and notice the difference.

You'll notice some of the notes you played are gone.

Eventhough I use 1/16th the most, and even use 1/8th, sometimes I still wonder, why 1/8th is a setting. Since you can do everything of a 1/8th setting as you can within the 1/16th.

And as for the (3) notes for 8/16/ & 32. I can't explain that too well but, but I hardly use it. Infact I can't even explain why I use it,...but sometimes I do.

use the SEQ EDIT mode to move individual notes (refer to your manual for detailed instructions)...

the "1/16" and "1/32" is the setting for the timing correct feature... 1/16 = 16th notes & 1/32 = 32nd notes... the mpc will automatically correct the notes to the setting you have chosen... (this is in the manual as well)

good luck dog...

i don't have a mpc yet but i know that the 1/8 and 1/16 setting comes in handy also when you what to put hi hats on every 8th note or 16th note by pressing the note repeat button and holding the note. I know this feature is on the 2000 but i'm not sure about the 1000. hopefully this helps

Last edited:
Back