MJ "Chicago" bass

Obamatitts

Hi guys, can anybody help me to create bass like this ? It starts from 0:02

It seems like this is very easy to recreate, but i don't know how. So, for example i want to create this in Sylenth1. What options do i need for this? I see that this bass has slow attack and saw for main osc. Any other settings? Pitch? Cutoff? Distortion?

I believe it's 2 oscillators with sawwaves. One very low, and slightly blend in a 2nd oscillator an octave higher.
Then let it run through a lowpassfilter, and cut it a little bit. Then create a filter-envelope with a fast attack and decay, and low sustain (so the the sustain ends around the level as the beginning of the attack). Maybe try adding a hint of resonance as well.
Then make a volume envelope, also with a fast attack.

I believe it's 2 oscillators with sawwaves. One very low, and slightly blend in a 2nd oscillator an octave higher.
Then let it run through a lowpassfilter, and cut it a little bit. Then create a filter-envelope with a fast attack and decay, and low sustain (so the the sustain ends around the level as the beginning of the attack). Maybe try adding a hint of resonance as well.
Then make a volume envelope, also with a fast attack.
Thanks! But i have a question. Where can i create a "filter-envelope"? Is it in a MOD ENV group? Can you make a screenshot or something?

Back