Missing Puzzle Piece for Sound Design

bousebeats

Dear Future Producers

I've been producing music for about a year now. I think my creative process has improved dramatically, since from the beginning, but there's one thing that still seemes as a kind of a black hole to me.

Designing emotionally moving sounds, that are full and have a little "dirt" on them, but not to much.

Sound Design in general is clear to me and I understand that, by creating synths, processing or layering you can create innovative never before heard sounds.
The possibilities are basically endless, which is the reason, why there will always be another slight different sound, that sets new standards.

Today I showed my brother a hiphop beat I made (I've linked it here, but you don't have to listen to it, if you don't want to) and asked him for feedback.
Basically he said, that the melody was lacking the ability to catch the listeners attention.

Now for example, futures that's a check has a very simple melody, but it still is catchy and can be listened to over time. It seems that, the that's a check melody is rich with more harmonics, that make the sound interesting to the listener.

Now, when trying to design sound like the producers, that make music for future, what would be your suggestions for improving? For the most part I work with Serum and Kontakt (for Piano and natural sounds).

Thx

I don't understand your question. Melody and sound design are two different things. A catchy melody is a catchy melody regardless of which sound you're using.

Back