Merging a vocal track and an instrumental track.

pato

I’m having difficulty mixing in an acapella with a beat I made. I am quite amateur but I believe I understand basic structure such as the intro, verse chorus etc. I know there is more to it but here is my problem: every time I choose an acapella with the same tempo as my beat it just does not sound in sync; it always seems way faster and the flow sounds completely off. Are there any tips, or is there any standardized method that producers use to merge the vocal tack and instrumental track? I am using Garageband as my main DAW but from time to time I use FL Studio and Cubase.

Hmm, make sure that you are singing on tempo.
Also, I've done many remixes where I'm using a slow tempo accapella, and recreating it so that it's a fast dance song. What I do sometimes is just (i know it sounds unprofessional) split and move around different parts so that they sound in sync. It may take a while but it sounds good in the end.
Let me know if this helps, and check my SoundCloud for some cool dance beats. Peace

I’m using pre-recorded acapellas. Both tempos match. The acapella seems way over synced. I’m thinking it may be the way I structured the chorus and verse or the way I layered each instrument. Is there anyway I can upload my beat and get further feedback on its structure and other improvements? I know this may be the wrong thread so if it is where can I post?

I’m using pre-recorded acapellas. Both tempos match. The acapella seems way over synced. I’m thinking it may be the way I structured the chorus and verse or the way I layered each instrument. Is there anyway I can upload my beat and get further feedback on its structure and other improvements? I know this may be the wrong thread so if it is where can I post?

Make a SoundCloud account and post it there, then come back and let us know how to find it....inc your user name and the song name.....

I"m thinking maybe it could be an issue with Time stretching? But I would think since you already uploaded the vocal to your track, you were able to get the tempo. Do you know the original tempo of the song the vocal came from? Where you trying to make a beat to that tempo or where you trying to speed it up, slow down?

To be honest, the vocal wasn't not "officially" uploaded to the track, it was played from an external source. So this just leads me to more trouble. I'm going to create a sound cloud account and upload the instrumental.

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

My Soundcloud username is patodroog and the name of the song is mfl. If you guys could provide feedback I would appreciate very much.

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

This is just a repeat of what I said before, but separate. my sound cloud username is patodroog and the song is called mfl. For future reference, which would be the forum to post beats and receive critique and such?

Also take care to make sure the vocal is in the same key as the instrumental you're adding it to. This makes a world of difference.

Back