melody

mb24

iam using reason 3.0 and when iam making a beat its like when iam trying to add instruments together to make a melody they all sound clutterd like they are all playing together so you cant reall get an rhythm i hope u guys understand what iam saying thank u

mb24 said:
iam using reason 3.0 and when iam making a beat its like when iam trying to add instruments together to make a melody they all sound clutterd like they are all playing together so you cant reall get an rhythm i hope u guys understand what iam saying thank u

No we dont cause you have not ask a question but only told us your problem! Please tell us more!

you need to listen and learn and try what works good together. Listen to some commercial beats and see how they blend different instruments together. This will only come with practice. I would say to not use more that 3-4 instruments in a beat otherwise it will end up sounding wack.

for example when one instument plays c another instrument plays e and g so they create a c-major chord...

Yeh that's right... and for example when one instument plays c, no instruments have to play c# and d# unless u want ur melody to be out of tune and cluttered. It's just basic music theory things...

Oh yeah! you know Bang Ali and FastSamurai are right on the money with this one! It's absolute music theory that alot of people haven't mastered yet. I simply know this from my playing piano by ear experience and if you follow these guidelines carefully. You're melodies will be hot. Especially with rnb tracks, which a make alot.

The good music production start point is figuring out how the major artist make their heat. Just google midi files of song that u like, open them in any midi editing program and watch how they do it.

Last edited:
Imy786 said:
I would say to not use more that 3-4 instruments in a beat otherwise it will end up sounding wack.

I don't find that true at all if you know what you're doing. It's definately easier to keep it limited to 3-4 instruments but if you know what you're doing you can quadruple that and make it sound dope as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esthetix said:

I don't find that true at all if you know what you're doing. It's definately easier to keep it limited to 3-4 instruments but if you know what you're doing you can quadruple that and make it sound dope as hell.

I totally agree especially when you make more complex beats like rnb, you can definitely spice things up with more than just 3-4 instruments.

cyptm said:

I totally agree especially when you make more complex beats like rnb, you can definitely spice things up with more than just 3-4 instruments.

Yea its all about spacing out your melody(s)! Plus if you layer one sound with another 3 to 4 instruments aint nothing!

yeh kool can i ask a question quickly .

so if i want to play in the scale of
pentatonic blues.
C,Eb,F,Gb,G,Gb.

and i wanted a triad (starting from c) it would be,

C,F,Gb

and if i played all my instruments with in those keys it should sound iite.
would it work.

feeback safe

Yes it should work if you stay within the scale you mentioned. And, also keep in mind that you can also play C4,F4,Gb4 or C1,F2,Gb3, pretty much in different octaves if you like. The sound will match, but just sound higher or lower.

is it a good idea to take a piano class? for newbs like me..

Back