Mannie Fresh's Technique Those Kicks!

F

Fonzy88

Honestly, has anyone really sat down and listened to Mannie Fresh's technique for his tracks? Dude is SICK! His thought process when composing is off the wall but everything flows perfectly. (If you don't agree peep the bridge on Lil Flip's "What It Do". sh*t could've been another beat by itself!) But the real question is... How does Fresh make those kicks like that? Is it a preset kick? oes he sample and then EQ or neither? Somebody help me. I'm not a biter but I want those type kicks.

yea what i do to my new beats is put me a nice compressor on my kicks and my bass seperatly. u got 2 tweak it a lil bit.....

Fonzy88 said:
Honestly, has anyone really sat down and listened to Mannie Fresh's technique for his tracks? Dude is SICK! His thought process when composing is off the wall but everything flows perfectly. (If you don't agree peep the bridge on Lil Flip's "What It Do". sh*t could've been another beat by itself!) But the real question is... How does Fresh make those kicks like that? Is it a preset kick? oes he sample and then EQ or neither? Somebody help me. I'm not a biter but I want those type kicks.

Maybe you are giving mannie too much credit.He may have pass it off
to someone else to get them to sound like that.They do that sometimes.

Maybe you are giving mannie too much credit.He may have pass it off
to someone else to get them to sound like that.They do that sometimes.

If credit has been given dude deserves it! His compostion is nasty. Dude will have a beat sold just off the drum pattern. Appreciate the comment tho.

Fonzy88 said:
If credit has been given dude deserves it! His compostion is nasty. Dude will have a beat sold just off the drum pattern. Appreciate the comment tho.
But you said how does he get them to sound like that.
(sample and then EQ or neither)
We know he got talent to get the beat down.
I am just saying if you really want to know how he get them to sound
like that,find out who is doing that part of the process.(It may be mannie too)
Even Timbo go to guys like David Pensado and Jimmy Douglass to
get them to really bang.
That is why SOS mag is the best mag out there now.
The best articles in it are Secrets Of The Mix Engineers

Last edited by a moderator:
You may be right. I know for a fact Dre does that ****. Hopefully I wont have to pay a dude to tweak my sh*t! Thanks for the info. I've never heard of SOS mag. I used to do Scratch but I'll check it out.

Back