Making your Kicks REALLLLY Knock....

Krumbz, thanks alot for the detailed information regarding the creation of a good kick. It helped me out a lot !!

You are one of the few that really seems to want to help. Nice reply to another mr. know it all too btw, LOL :D

JoeyDomhof said:
Krumbz, thanks alot for the detailed information regarding the creation of a good kick. It helped me out a lot !!

You are one of the few that really seems to want to help. Nice reply to another mr. know it all too btw, LOL :D
For me to be a "knowitall..." my sh*t already knocked. Your's needed help. On that note succadikk.

I give y'all factual answers. Even the disclaimer to "do whatever works for you". Y'all got so much insecurity you think I was extending more than a helping hand, then fucya, I won't extend one to you bichassnikkas again. Back to the souljaboy and Ross gossip threads.

I got 2 cars and a house paid 4 off music. I try 2 help others do the same and I'm a "knowitall? I'll stick to my nikkas I deal with face to face who I'm helping get sh*t together. F**k y'allvirtual nikkas, you don'tr want my advice, i won't give it again.

No 68' merlot. Bacardi Peuto Rican Rum today. See the f**kin difference?

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Why is it I alway "come off as the d!ckhead elitist", because somebody who think they know something spit bullsh*t and I'm nice enough to correct it without calling them out.

We'll do it your way tho. Since I've already been called a d!ckhead for no reason.

1. Compression is a leveling tool. Some idiot in the history of hip hop said compressing kick made them hit harder, and every other idiot who can't think for themselves enough to figure out sh*t on their own followed the formula. As a certified engineer I can tell you compression won't do sh*t positive to a kick. It just f**ks up the dynamics and makes it harder for a professional to fix when the time comes. However, compression is a fair game practice when using multiple instruments to give everything it's place in a mix. You don't compress for more thump/knock, you compress to make sounds sit well in a mix. Most scenarios, pan and voilume go alot further and if any compression is needed, usually moderate ammounts. It was different in analog era but we in a digital age, quit listening to RZA, his sound quality is not current.

2. Idiots often think "layering" is the answer when "overlaying" is part of any project. Quality stock drums come in everything from FL to Reason to MPC to Triton. "Layering" is the process of sticking 2 sounds together to make a new sound. "Overlaying" is creating compositions where 2 sounds hit at the same time. Believe it or not, professionals practice "overlaying" way more than "layering" one is a form of sound design(layering), while the other is a form of creating music where you continuously fill in empty space until your song is full. I advise the second, but it's up to you to choose your path.

3. Most speakers don't pick up lows well. Stuff below 40hz is often muffled. Lots of engineers like there lows around 78hz or higher.

Sorry for opening my mouth in the first place. Hope ya music stays sounding like sh*t if you don't wanna learn nothing. Mine's is aiight. I don't need help making drums knock. And I don't get my info off no website written by some other random smart-dumb muhfukka who halfway know what he talking about.

This was done in Reason with stock drums. No layering, no freq adjustment, no compression/EQ, just use of Vol, Pan, and the M Class Limiter for loudness on export. Get like me, since I'm such a "d!ckhead knowitall", it shouldn't be hard, byches. You ain't gotta tell me it's hot, you know it is even tho you won't, and I got nikkas that matter who tell me.

that beat sucked....lol

You entitle to your opinion, but if I were you, I'd wonder why my own sh*t suck....lol.

Leave the Fruityloops alone, mah nig.
fruity loops lol.... i dont use it personally but i know alot of producers in the game that do... and as for myself im in the game lol.... you should step ya game up a little before you try to use your worthless opinions on eq'in kicks... and i like your studio bedroom... thats really big boy status...

looser....lol

matter of fact put ya best beat up and ill put my throw away ish up you ****

Last edited:
DCross said:
fruity loops lol.... i dont use it personally but i know alot of producers in the game that do... and as for myself im in the game lol.... you should step ya game up a little before you try to use your worthless opinions on eq'in kicks... and i like your studio bedroom... thats really big boy status...

looser....lol
If you beleive that pic from 2000 is my current studio, so be it. All I know is even if I was still using computer speakers for monitoring, I can hear your raggidy bleeding mixes from a mile away. If you can't hear the same, and really think your mixes sound good, you won't make it in this profession.

Good to know you "in the game". Tell me how that works out.

well you need to update your page from 2000 last login says 2008 i know youve had ample time to correct it....

dummy

and yea compressing it down to a file small enough to put on myspace will kill your mixes any idiot knows that ...

put a beat up.... my fingers dont like typing they like making tracks

Last edited:
I really love this thread, because almost everyone is typing like an educated human being. Thankfully nothing too obscene has shown up yet...

" ii fukn h4t3 ppl hoo tipe lyk dizz " .

lol lol lol.

Last edited:
DCross said:
well you need to update your page from 2000 last login says 2008 i know youve had ample time to correct it....

dummy

and yea compressing it down to a file small enough to put on myspace will kill your mixes any idiot knows that ...

put a beat up.... my fingers dont like typing they like making tracks
Newsflash dipsh*t!!!

I put 1 up. You already commented on it. In case you're not aware, I got better sh*t to do than go back and forth with groupies. As I said before. You're entitled to your opinion. Sorry I'm not concerned enough with a myspace page to fix it. Maybe someday.

I'm not worried about the next man's sh*t. i'm worried about mine. That beat you said is "wack is now property of Frank Lucas Jr. So he thought it was hot. That's what matters.

Last edited:
If you want a beat that REALLY KNOCKS, do this...I'm not being sarcastic either....first, take the advice that others gave but also get a good recording of yourself knocking on some hardwood with your knuckles and layer your kick with that. I doubt anyone's done this before.

Newsflash dipsh*t!!!

I put 1 up. You already commented on it. In case you're not aware, I got better sh*t to do than go back and forth with groupies. As I said before. You're entitled to your opinion. Sorry I'm not concerned enough with a myspace page to fix it. Maybe someday.

I'm not worried about the next man's sh*t. i'm worried about mine. That beat you said is "wack is now property of Frank Lucas Jr. So he thought it was hot. That's what matters.

you amuse me..... obviously your perception of reality is far gone...good luck on getting better....

frank lucas jr... lol... nigs is comedy.... lol.....

DCross said:
matter of fact here is a regular 5 minute beat suck it...

those drums would have sounded good with another type of instrumentation and overall mood. and that sample would have sounded good with other drums on it. but together? i dont get it... sounds like a battle beat or something. is that what youre aiming for?

orjanbeats said:
those drums would have sounded good with another type of instrumentation and overall mood. and that sample would have sounded good with other drums on it. but together? i dont get it... sounds like a battle beat or something. is that what youre aiming for?

naw not really but i have seen this dude in other threads always claiming to know this and know that then gets offended when people have a difference of opinion than he does....

i was just showing him that he aint as hot as he think he is and frank lucas jr isnt credible to me when you tell me about people you are working with...

i can post songs that i have done with artist,
i can send data files to show who i have produced...
but its just an ego check...

that beat was just a freestyle track for some of my boys to rhyme over not anything im putting out...

and im not saying im major like kanye or anyone, but i have done work for alot of cats, and some nigs just dont seem humble to me...

thats whats its all about...

i just starting reading this thread to see what ideas people had and this jerk had to leave his worthless imput in and start saying how he got houses and cars off music...

it aint that hard to get in the game if you got talent....

ud be surprised

its an internet forum.. get over it

be glad DeRanged is even here period for you to argue with

DCross said:
naw not really but i have seen this dude in other threads always claiming to know this and know that then gets offended when people have a difference of opinion than he does....

i was just showing him that he aint as hot as he think he is and frank lucas jr isnt credible to me when you tell me about people you are working with...

i can post songs that i have done with artist,
i can send data files to show who i have produced...
but its just an ego check...

that beat was just a freestyle track for some of my boys to rhyme over not anything im putting out...

and im not saying im major like kanye or anyone, but i have done work for alot of cats, and some nigs just dont seem humble to me...

thats whats its all about...

i just starting reading this thread to see what ideas people had and this jerk had to leave his worthless imput in and start saying how he got houses and cars off music...

it aint that hard to get in the game if you got talent....
lol, is ya monitors broke, fam? You seriously lying to yaself if you thought your mix was cleaner than mine. I'm alot more humble than you think. If there was any arguable chance of you having a cleaner mix, I'd give you your wards'.

As I said before. I worry about myself. More of you should do the same. Everybody whine cause I produce/engineer a few B.S. major records and I get paid good to do it. Y'all make me say that. Reread the thread.

If not for nikkas saying "who tha fucc are you" and "you don't know nothing". I woulda never said exactly what I know.

A nika response begats the same in return. Y'all don't wanna know who I am, quit askin'. quit talking about your phantom placements with MC Makebeleive til' I list mines and get branded the one "bragging".

But when I answer lil' nikkas like you, you're the one winning. Cause deep down inside, you feel like me answering you is making you a matter of importance. The thread belongs to the ignorant. The hardest thing to fight is ignorance, so guess what, y'all win. Your prize????

Follow the steps you been following to make ya bass knock and disregard my 2 cents. Now how hard was that.

But before you go gloating like you did something, get some real monitors, fam. Seriously, not the "b.s. no name producer" in me talking, but the certified engineer in me is telling you your mix is f**ked up I charge people alot of money to bring they sh*t up to par when it's that muddy.

late.

Last edited:
lol, is ya monitors broke, fam? You seriously lying to yaself if you thought your mix was cleaner than mine. I'm alot more humble than you think. If there was any arguable chance of you having a cleaner mix, I'd give you your wards'.

As I said before. I worry about myself. More of you should do the same. Everybody whine cause I produce/engineer a few B.S. major records and I get paid good to do it. Y'all make me say that. Reread the thread.

If not for nikkas saying "who tha fucc are you" and "you don't know nothing". I woulda never said exactly what I know.

A nika response begats the same in return. Y'all don't wanna know who I am, quit askin'. quit talking about your phantom placements with MC Makebeleive til' I list mines and get branded the one "bragging".

But when I answer lil' nikkas like you, you're the one winning. Cause deep down inside, you feel like me answering you is making you a matter of importance. The thread belongs to the ignorant. The hardest thing to fight is ignorance, so guess what, y'all win. Your prize????

Follow the steps you been following to make ya bass knock and disregard my 2 cents. Now how hard was that.

But before you go gloating like you did something, get some real monitors, fam. Seriously, not the "b.s. no name producer" in me talking, but the certified engineer in me is telling you your mix is f**ked up I charge people alot of money to bring they sh*t up to par when it's that muddy.

late.

who was talkin about mixes... maybe you was i wasnt i said your beat was whack....
mixing is whole diff department....
i never claimed to be an engineer.. .
i got engineers... its a draft, and believe me i get paid a lot to do what i do too...
believe it but i aint d**k swinging contest with faggots and punk a** engineers who think they are great producers...

go e.q. a track amateur...

im done

im in the studio

DCross said:
who was talkin about mixes...
We got a slow one...and the thread title iiiiiisssssss............................

lol. Get back to work fam. Wack's just opinion. I thought your beat was aiight. Not great, but aiight(the mix was fuct tho). Keep makin' hits and gettin' paid. I'll do the same.

Last edited:
/thread

Deranged....any of your people got any projects on the horizon that they need GjB beats for? I know you've got relationships out the wazoo!

Back