Making Classic piano on a VA synth

robinkle

I made two classic Pianos on a Supernova II, It's amaizing. It took me three weeks to get satisfied. I can use them as Piano sounds.

Have anyone here ever made a classic piano sound on a VA synth? I would like to hear it.

I'm very curious about this. Sound on sound magazine says it's impossible to make it...

Iso said:
I have a korg k5000r, i want to try and make a piano on it, heh. just havn't gotten around to it yet.

I don't know what Korg K5000R is. I've heard of Kawai K5000R.

If you want to make a piano on a VA synth or an analog synth, you will need FM, Effects and "3 oscillator" capabilities.

Hmmm,
I should have checked Vintage Synths, but I believe that the K5000x series are additive synth machines.
If you can get the spectral analysis for all the harmonics, you should be able to get a decent piano sound, though it won't be dymanic.

VA piano synthesis should be impossible? I don't think so. Many VA algorithms are built up on string emulation algorithms, so a piano would be a good match, depending upon the specific VA engine!

Having said that, piano is a strange choice for VA. VA, though it is a more 'natural' way to create the sound, is far more difficult that most other synthesis engines. And I usually reserve VA for those timbres that are very responsive, like a sax or sitar,
something that *no* amount of samples can reproduce.
-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back