Looking for some literature.

spearixus

Hey, I want to get into sound design so I can stop using these Nexus presets over and over. So I would like to know where I can get started for actually learning sound design.. is there a specific book that can help me learn about all the different shapes and how to manipulate the sound ?
I use FL studio.. probably would use GMS or the other plugin they have to design some sounds.

I didn't use a book really but I quite liked Computer Music magazine.

It comes with a selection of synths and FX and they have step by step tutorials for different sounds using different plugins each issue. It won't necessarily have the sounds you want straight away, but it will teach you about the components of different synths.

After that you can move onto youtube tutorials, there are lots out there and there are some good ones among them.

If you want an actual book, Simon Cann's How To Make A Noise is a good place to start. There are naturally countless tutorials in the internet as well...also there's a couple of sticky threads about synth structure on this very forum to get you started.

Another great sounding pluging for FL Studio is Hypersonic,if u can check it out

Hypersonic has been discontinued for...well almost a decade by now. Not that you couldn't occasionally find it for sale 2nd hand, but frankly I wouldn't really suggest it at this point.

Back