Looking for amazing piano sounds. (KeY Wane)

I'm looking for better piano sounds. Most recently the closest sounds I can think of are KeY Wane. His pianos are always ridiculous like in the beginning of this song.

BIG Sean - Nothing Is Stopping You (Produced by KeY Wane)
/watch?v=fd0uwVyTEos (shouts out to that Pharrell Despicable Me sample lol)

Also the song Memories from FF Vol. 3/FF The Album and pretty much anything he produced on the Detroit mixtape.

His key sounds are just great. I don't know if its effects or eq, but I'm pretty sure he's working with some good samples. So are there any good VSTs or collections of Piano sounds you guys would recommend?

Record yourself playing every piano key with a real piano in the acoustical environment you wish to achieve in your song using a high quality mic then dump each key into sample player so you can play each one corespondin to the key your pressing on your midi piano and you got yourself that perfect piano sound...lol :D

Last edited:
Record yourself playing every piano key with a real piano in the acoustical environment you wish to achieve in your song using a high quality mic then dump each key into sample player so you can play each one corespondin to the key your pressing on your midi piano and you got yourself that perfect piano sound...lol :D

I just bought a keyboard that came with a VST that does just that. I'll see how it goes. However it still doesn't seem like its gonna yield that KeY Wane sound I'm looking for. I don't know maybe its all in effects and eq that he uses.

Back