LL Cool J chords to Luv U better

I think the main elements to that song are basically string section instruments. The violin and guitar come to mind if I remember correctly. The percussion part can be easily programmed on whatever program you're using since it's not really a beat-driven track. The bass shouldnt be too difficult. Now the strings are a little complex. It almost sounds like an old sample being looped but then again, I think it was produced by the Neptunes and those guys are talented enough to play that part themselves so I dunno. There's a similar sound on Jay-Z's "Excuse Me" which is also produced by the Neptunes so it just may be an original piece. If you have too much difficulty on the strings just get the intrumental version of Luv U Better and sample that part. I know there is a section in the song where there's no beat or anything just that violin loop isolated just long enough for you to get it into your sampler. After that, maybe you can mangle it and change the sound a little bit to fit your tastes. Good Luck.

Last edited:
there really are no chords in that songs..and its actually a lot simpler than it sounds..im not at a keyboard right now but ill get the notes for you a lil later cause a few months back i completely remade the track for educational purposes but there are no chords in it..its all just the string and guitar melody line..and like a 2 note bassline

Back