live bass!!

kastington

We Slangin
i just wanted to know if any of yall play your own bass via bass guitar. i was thinking about investing in one. i would like to know the advantages.

I have yet to find anything that can rival the sound of my fretless. Along with that It seems easier to write more realistic basslines with your fingers actually moving across a fretboard rather than a keyboard.

after recording multiple bands, i can vouch that a bass guitar adds way more to a track than a keyboard ever could.. like my pops tells me, when u play a guitar it comes from the heart.

depends on the track, I wouldn't say a bass guitar can always replace a synth-bass, but if you want a realistic bass guitar sound, I'd go with a real bass over a rompler.

I used a live bass for a hip hop beat once.. great for bass slides. And it just sounds..... Grimey (in a good way)

Kojak said:
depends on the track, I wouldn't say a bass guitar can always replace a synth-bass, but if you want a realistic bass guitar sound, I'd go with a real bass over a rompler.
Truth..those smooth R&b basslines are best created with synths basses then bass guitars. But when it comes other style tracks a bass guitar is always a nice touch.

Back