Like a Eestbound or Wondagurl

iamomari

What`s up Future Producers!
I have been producing for years, but I still strive to mix my tracks in the style of these artists. For example, I want my kicks and bass loud like these artists while still having clean and audible leads and sounds. . I still pick up little tricks and I'm getting closer to mixes like the artists I mentioned, but I'm trying to get an flp or find a proper tutorial so that I can see exactly what goes on, what gets compressed, how the mixing levels go, how distorted are certain sounds, etc. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.
P.S — Maybe there are guys from Canada? Who can find out from the artists themselves?:rolleyes:

They don't seem to anything super special to me. If you want your 808 to shine through cut the low frequencies from other instruments in the mix. Many instruments still carry low frequencies even though it's not essential to the sound. Roll off those frequencies to taste and you'll give more room for the 808. If you're using Fl Studio and want to get some slight distortion on your 808 add the Soundgoodizer to the 808 and adjust it to taste. Some of these producers will sidechain their 808 and kicks as well. You can find a few good tuts on sidechaining an 808 and kick. Pan your Hi Hats a little to the Left. add a little reverb to the closed hi hats. Pitch them up and down to add variety to the hi hat pattern. Compression isn't as important as you may think for the sound. For your leads you pretty much do the opposite of what you did for the 808. Cut the High Frequencies of instruments that don't need it. Let your ears tell you the right amount to cut. Add a little Reverb on your leads to add some spice. Add a very short delay (under 100ms) to add thickness or you can add a chorus to achieve the same effect. If you want to make the lead sound a little strange and funky try a flanger.

Back