Let's play Name That Preset!

xday32x

What's good people, I'm new to the forum so I thought I'd try to strike up a friendly discussion to get to know some of the people on here. I think something which makes our area of music unique is the fact that modern technology makes it possible for many of us to use the same instrument sounds via vst etc. that we hear on many of our favorite records. Meaning one of the only things separating amateurs from a super producer is raw talent and creativity seeing as we have a lot of the same tools they use. So, just for fun, have you ever run across a preset in your library that you recognize from one of your favorite (or least favorite lol) songs? If so, which ones? Oh and, this isn't to "expose" anyone like some certain Polow nonsense I've seen... just for fun. I'll get the ball rolling I guess with an obvious one: Song-Hero by Nas, Sound-Butterfly Stance found in Massive.

The Lead Synth from Young Money-Every Girl is a preset in Ultra Analog the name escapes me at the moment though.

Wow, haven't posted here in a while....

Justin timberlake - My love (the synth that plays the hook melody during the chorus)

Korg Legacy cell - 91 Trance Lead

Literally sounds like Danja didn't tweak the sound at all.

Nicole - "Whatever you like" and Britney Spears - "Gimme More"

Crystal (free vst) - Satuloop

Last edited:
Dre and chris brown song 'hologram' has a robotic voive synth which was a preset in NI FM7 i think...

omega, i can guarrantee that that whatever you like synth was definitely from the fantom. when i went through the presets at the music store i did that exact same melody from that joint and it was the exact same.

could be from that too though.

omega, i can guarrantee that that whatever you like synth was definitely from the fantom. when i went through the presets at the music store i did that exact same melody from that joint and it was the exact same.

could be from that too though.

Heres a clip of me playing th patch on crystal lol

- http://www.z share.net/audio/65487132662e35bc/

Compare with.....

Instrumental -

Last edited:
Interesting thread, your favorite producer is a human being not a superhero. Under the surface (In reality) the sh*t is no surprise and it's no secret just use your ears.

Jamie Foxx ft. T-Pain - Blame It

Legacy Cell 033: Unison Stab Saw

Chris Henderson is gonna kill me.......POW!

Last edited:
lol, yeah Omega I think you're right on that one! I would have never guessed that was an arp, they only use the first snippet of it. Might have to check out Crystal..

You'd be surprised man, some people look down on free and think it's not quality but some of those sound designers are really talented. I came up on some free **** that blew me away. Don't sleep, be open to everything.

Back