Let's play Name That Preset!

BRITNEY SPEARS - RADAR(synth)...LEGACYCELL PRESET "011 awaken sign"

Korg Legacycell VST?

BRITNEY SPEARS - SHATTERED GLASS(repeated synth)...lil jon and lil wayne hhs kit sound (11)...also used by mannie fresh in go dj..

Which exact kit is this one. I have some Lil Jon kits, but cannot find that sample.

legacy cell vst...yes

its the hhs(hiphopst.blogspot.com) lil jon kit.....its the synth from go dj...

This is a big one:

VEGEANCE ESSENTIAL CLUBSOUNDS VOL. 1/2/3

I sware every single sound on that has been used and used again (and again, again again) in some kind of commercial dance recordings. Even, in fact, in pop recordings with little or no electronic/club nature.

I'm not in anyway that those samples are crap. They're actually the best compilation of samples for any kind of electronic dance music, they truly are 'essential' and they're recommended universally.

But... I think it's about time Mutekki Media released a Volume 4...

i dont think so....from what i kno bangladesh used protools and an mpc 5000 for the a milli beat...

well from whats out there, Bangladesh didn't make the beat from scratch..some kid made it...and he's the one that did the sample..so he may have actually gotten it from Reason.

Lady Gaga - Just Dance / Poker Face...

The lead sound is own Logic`s own ES2: Classic Techno 1, under leads..

He put some effect on though, a chorus or something...im pretty sure

Yeah, RedOne is one of my favorite producers right now. And a huge reason for Lada Gaga's success in my opinion.

But check out this. I was going through sylenth1 the other day and I found this

youtube.com/watch?v=UTwkClDkXso

listen to that Lady Gaga song

and then open Sylenth1 and use DR NoizeKick preset

then play B4 note then D5 then A4

you can tell he tweaked it and equed it a little but sounds like its straight from sylenth1

I just heard something interesting..... I know I've already mentioned the Butterfly Stance preset on Massive that was used for "Hero" by NAS but I was on Pandora and think I just heard the same one used in a song called "Swing Tree" by Discovery. It sounds like the exact same preset but slightly manipulated and/or chopped. Find the song on YouTube or somewhere and let me know what you guys think... same sound?

Surprised nobody has jumped on the new Chase and Hitboy produced Drop The World using Image Line Sytrus Cube preset :D

I used it in one of my beats just coz I thought it sounded cool (Used in a completely different way though).

Surprised nobody has jumped on the new Chase and Hitboy produced Drop The World using Image Line Sytrus Cube preset :D

I used it in one of my beats just coz I thought it sounded cool (Used in a completely different way though).
Nice, Sytrus strikes again! It definitely has its uses, I use Platinum Saw all the time! The arps are great too.

Dumb question in

but... obviously there are no sound banks or whatever that hold the presets and sounds available to those that have the real fantoms/motifs/tritons right? Not even these days right?

I always feel a little bit uncomfortable and jealous when I hear talk about these stations because their sounds are so full. Despite the fact that soft synths and DAWs have passed up all those tools, I still feel like I am missing something because I dont have any of those nor access to them. I mean I bought Omnisphere... does that cover me? Lol.

What vsts effectively replace the need for these keyboards?

Roland Fantom:

Yamaha Motif:

Korg Triton:

Korg M3? (are those different?)

I dont know much about these keyboards.

Are they outdated and redundant in thise day of infinite soft synth varieties and programming? I mean I still see the cream of the crop producers still rocking these even these days? Why??

Oh and as far as RACKS, I see motif racks and stuff. Are those everything the keyboards have except not in keyboard form? Or are they just sounds and effects minus any other sequencing tools in those keyboards?

Last edited:
Dumb question in

but... obviously there are no sound banks or whatever that hold the presets and sounds available to those that have the real fantoms/motifs/tritons right? Not even these days right?

I always feel a little bit uncomfortable and jealous when I hear talk about these stations because their sounds are so full. Despite the fact that soft synths and DAWs have passed up all those tools, I still feel like I am missing something because I dont have any of those nor access to them. I mean I bought Omnisphere... does that cover me? Lol.

What vsts effectively replace the need for these keyboards?

Roland Fantom:

Yamaha Motif:

Korg Triton:

Korg M3? (are those different?)

I dont know much about these keyboards.

Are they outdated and redundant in thise day of infinite soft synth varieties and programming? I mean I still see the cream of the crop producers still rocking these even these days? Why??

Oh and as far as RACKS, I see motif racks and stuff. Are those everything the keyboards have except not in keyboard form? Or are they just sounds and effects minus any other sequencing tools in those keyboards?

there are refills for fantom triton and motif and many others

To much to go through and read so sorry for any re-posts, lol

Trey Songz "Wonder Woman", patch is "What What?" from the Fantom X

OJ Da Juiceman "Time Clock", patch is "SynLead 0322" from the Fantom X

Gucci Mane "Wasted", patch is "Hero's Theme" & "SynLead 0322" from the Fantom X

8 Ball & MJG "Hickory Dickory Dock", patch is "SlippingSaws" from the Fantom X

8 Ball "Light Up The Bomb", patch is "Tutti" from the Fantom X

Chris Brown "I Can Transform Ya", main patch is on the Fantom (forgot the exact name) & there's a 2nd Fantom patch in there as well

There's plenty more Fantom preset songs out there, just can't think of them at the moment

In danity kane - striptease, I think Danja uses the "Dr Chaotica" sound from refx nexus (can be found under Plucked>Dr Chaotica) Its the sound you hear in the chorus and throughout parts of the song. Correct me if im wrong :)

Last edited:
Not a preset...more a "name that sample"....but Chemical Brothers use a very small snip of a Vengeance Loop in their track "Do it again"...

Check the 15 second point (listen for a bit of a screach noise...thats part of a vengeance loop...cant remember if its vengeance minimal house or electro essentials)

Back