Let's play Name That Preset!

freeze is a little wormy bass, do you know the actual patch?

It's DEFINETLY ''freeze'' on the Proteus VX, it's just played using chords and not held down for long for the 'wormy bass' too come in at the end of the preset.. I was shocked when I heard it cuz I LOVE the sound and always thought some heavy modifying went into a few patches too achieve it for some reason...pretty much 'trademarked' by Shawty Redd in them Jeezy beats now IMO and wouldn't feel right if I used it..but still interesting

-Bobby Valentino-Annoymous(main synth) = reFX Vanguard-ARP X-Tasy

-Diddy-Wanna Move(sfx) = reFX Vanguard-FX Tek Helicopter

-Keri Hilson-Return The Favor(main synth flute) = Tone2 Firebird-ARP Flute

-Justin Timberlake-My Love(main synth) = reFX Vanguard-vengeance-sound.de(not sure though just be hearing about it)

-Madonna-Devil Wouldn't Recognize You(background ahhs) = Delay lama

-Clipse-Grindin' = Triton Drums(everybody pretty much know that)

ill post more if i remember any

It's DEFINETLY ''freeze'' on the Proteus VX, it's just played using chords and not held down for long for the 'wormy bass' too come in at the end of the preset.. I was shocked when I heard it cuz I LOVE the sound and always thought some heavy modifying went into a few patches too achieve it for some reason...pretty much 'trademarked' by Shawty Redd in them Jeezy beats now IMO and wouldn't feel right if I used it..but still interesting
Its just chords in air forces but in gangster music and the intro track the bassline is held down, thats a crazy sound....

Thug motivation 101, Gangsta music, and Air forces, the modulating organ/synth sample and hold sound shawty redd uses is a preset in the emu proteus called Freeze its also in the proteus xv

is this also available as VSTi???

which category is it in, in proteus vx?

I'm a Star- Jerimah -Fantom x6 lead
Ludacris Moneymaker- At least 2 Patchs from "Complete Orchestra" Roland card
Break Up- Mario- We all know that one i think..FL flute riff
I Know what dem Girls Like- Luda Pretty sure the flute sound is a Fantom preset
David Banner "Run" Motif is lead instrument sound

Rap Lead 1 or 2

Bubba Sparxx's Ms. New Booty Drums= Drum'n Bass Kit

The Lead Synth from Young Money-Every Girl is a preset in Ultra Analog the name escapes me at the moment though.

which synth is it? I tried looking didnt find anything. Awesome thread BTW

I've heard some Motif ES pianos/guitar sounds on some Stargate tracks if I"m not mistaken....

They use real guitar... The only one they used was the pitch bend guitar in Trey Songz I Need a Girl.

Although I have seen a Motif in a picture with them in the studio.

Wow, haven't posted here in a while....

Justin timberlake - My love (the synth that plays the hook melody during the chorus)

Korg Legacy cell - 91 Trance Lead

Literally sounds like Danja didn't tweak the sound at all.

Nicole - "Whatever you like" and Britney Spears - "Gimme More"

Crystal (free vst) - Satuloop

DANJA produced that britney spears song

KANYE WEST - SO AMAZING(FX)....NEXUS PRESET "just horrible"

BRITNEY SPEARS - RADAR(synth)...LEGACYCELL PRESET "011 awaken sign"

BRITNEY SPEARS - SHATTERED GLASS(repeated synth)...lil jon and lil wayne hhs kit sound (11)...also used by mannie fresh in go dj..

DJ KHALED - WE TAKIN OVER(MAIN SYNTH)...refx vanguard preset tweaked...dnt remember which one....

i know more but thts all i can thnk of right now

Ive noticed some of those firebird presets being reused from timbalands return the favour, on his new track morning after dark. One of them is called melodix flute i think, off memory.

KANYE WEST - SO AMAZING(FX)....NEXUS PRESET "just horrible"

BRITNEY SPEARS - SHATTERED GLASS(repeated synth)...lil jon and lil wayne hhs kit sound (11)...also used by mannie fresh in go dj..

DJ KHALED - WE TAKIN OVER(MAIN SYNTH)...refx vanguard preset tweaked...dnt remember which one....

i know more but thts all i can thnk of right now

Korg Legacycell VST?

Which exact kit is this one. I have some Lil Jon kits, but cannot find that sample.

Back